Remember the doll quilt I started quite awhile ago? Well I finished it tonight.
I decided this little quilt was a good size to try out a style of quilting that I’ve yet to try…..pebble quilting.
After a long time adjusting my thread and bobbin tensions I finally got everything working well. Don’t worry I worked out all of the kinks on some scrap. I had so many kinks that I had to rip out a bunch of the stitches from the scrap to make room for more practice stitches. I would say I have to practice a lot more to be up to snuff, but I like how this little quilt with all of it’s little pebbles came out.
Pebble quilting uses an insane amount of thread! I used almost 3 full bobbins for this quilt, which measures 17 x 18 1/2. I love the texture from the tiny circles. On the back it really looks great.
On the front, I’m not sure. Since I made such tiny pebbles to be on the same scale as the quilt they kind of obscure the patterns of the fabrics, they distract from the fabric design a bit.